If I’m going somewhere by car (instead of by foot) and the ground isn’t yet muddied with snow and slush, I love “treating” myself by wearing floor-length pants! Trousers like these are so flattering, but they’re not the most convenient for city folk who have to change into flats for commuting. Here I stacked two long silhouettes on top of each other, with my duster cardigan for indoor wear and lady day coat for outdoors. When the cardigan or coat meets the floor-grazing pants, the result is a continuous line that’s lengthening even on petite women!
Unfortunately my pants here are old, but I rounded up a few wide-legged options that come in both petite + regular sizing:
– Ann Taylor Madison trouser – I get all of my AT pants taken in to fit (except for the ones with elasticized waists), so if you’re similar in size I would expect to need waist alterations on these!
– WHBM black wide leg pants – 30% off with code 74934 + free shipping and returns on petite items! WHBM pants in general actually fit me the best off-the-rack, compared to other American brands!
– Express petite mid-rise belted pants – Belts are nifty for helping pants fit a little tighter at the waist, if needed!
– Ann Taylor velvet smoking pants – These look like the most similar in cut to my pair here, but in a dramatically luxe navy velvet for holiday! I can see this paired simply but elegantly with a black off shoulder top or lace cami. I’m also intrigued by this cropped lace wide-legged pant for festive events!
I got several questions about this tie-sleeve blouse after this post on my Instagram! It’s on super sale right now after extra 60% off – I love that the neckline (you can clasp it shut at the nape of the neck) and sleeves subtly elevate a classic white top. A few notes on the top, FYI: 1) as with all white blouses, you need to wear a skin-toned bra underneath; 2) the material is fluid and drape-y so the sleeve ties can come undone pretty easily. I tie my bows super tight and then used double sided fashion tape to secure down the bow ears – I keep it like this and wear it a few times before laundering; 3) one reviewer said the fabric “melted” under an iron – I always recommend using a garment steamer instead of an iron with blouses like this!
I’ve hardly reached for my shorter cardigans this year after adding a few dusters to my wardrobe! This one from Talbots just sold out in size Petite P (see other ways I’ve styled it here and here), but I also tried on this similar long cardigan which is on sale, and thought it was equally nice and fit the same on me! Some might even prefer it since it doesn’t have ribbing. Right now you can use code 25ALL to take 25% off your purchase! Other pieces to check out at Talbots:
– Adorable scallop wool-blend skirt for work, starting in size 0P
– Festive bow-back pumps in holiday plaid or black suede, starting in size 5. Also comes in a flat version!
– And of course, my favorite reversible belt that’s a great dupe for my Hermes one here! XS sold out in a jiffy, but you can buy a bigger size and have a cobbler shorten it for you (worth it in my opinion, for such a versatile piece)!