I had ordered this dress for a recent event but it didn’t arrive in time, however it is a gorgeous, affordable candidate for formal holiday parties, winter weddings and also for NYE! I got it thinking I would cut off some of the lace (since it looks easily trim-able with scissors), but I surprisingly liked the length as-is. I think that because I am SO short (just shy of 5 feet, for reference), it actually hits me like a maxi dress instead of a “too-long midi,” which didn’t work for some reviewers.
I bought a yard of velvet ribbon from the fabric store and simply tied it to accentuate the waistline, and to slightly break up the all-over lace. The fabric has a cotton feel to it and you might have to trim off some loose threads, but it’s very fair for the <$90 price point, in my opinion. The bodice runs pretty small so an XS fits like a 00 without stretch, and the straps are adjustable – a feature that’s always appreciated by this shortie! Measurements of the XS when lying flat: 14″ across the armpits, 12″ across the waist, 41″ total length.
As the holidays are quickly approaching, I’m also partnering with Nordstrom to share a few gift recommendations, each under $100!
Here are my picks for…
- Turning a bathroom into a spa: Philosophy’s holiday gift sets are so good! This hand wash & lotion set smells lovely and is a great value at $18 – it even comes in a silver caddy ready for gifting. This delicious fruity set can be used in (as shampoo, body wash, or bubble bath) and after the shower. This glowing all the way set has almost a full regimen of their popular products from cleanser to moisturizer to serum – a great way to try these products at a value. You can also get a free gift with purchase right now with any $45+ Philosophy purchase.
- The sneaker lover: retro-chic Nike Classic Cortez sneakers (25% off) with great reviews.
- A last minute gift that feels personal: monogramed pieces by Cathy’s Concepts, including homegoods, travel bags, and lots(!) more.
- A mini gift to self: La Mer mini miracles set. This is back from the anniversary sale – I promptly scooped another one up for Nick and his high-maintenance skin ; ) This is just their 0.5 oz signature cream but with two mini skin and eye creams (like a deluxe sample size) in a velvet pouch, at the typical price of just the cream. FYI the 0.5 oz cream is very small so don’t be surprised! There isn’t really a discount to buy a bigger volume of the signature cream, so these sets with the small bonuses have been great.
- The guy who won’t sacrifice comfort for style: no need to give up either with Clarks mid chukka boots (30% off) with orthopedic insoles.
- The cat parent: a kitty heat change mug which looks even cuter when filled with a hot beverage!
Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post.