posted in Products
The holiday season is coming, and this season the hottest toys are so hot they are already hard to find. This most popular toys for 2017 includes some classics that your baby or toddler will love to find under the tree this year. There are also a few expected items for your preschoolers and school-aged kids, like Fingerlings and Hatchimals.
There are a few important things to keep in mind about the toys on this list:
1. If you see any of these toys in stock and they are on your list to buy this year, don’t hesitate. This is especially true for the L.O.L. Surprise products, which are consistently out of stock.
2. If buying from Amazon, make sure the item is sold directly from Amazon. There are many third party sellers selling fakes that may not have passed safety standards. Don’t take the risk.
3. If you see any of these toys on any type of sale, go for it and buy. Retailers and brands this year seem to be putting items on sale already now rather than waiting for your standard holiday sale season to start.
Here are the 10 hottest toys for 2017:
1. Mega Bloks Build ‘N Learn Math Building Set (Amazon, $24.99)
We love Mega Bloks as a great starter set for your budding little builder. The pieces are big and easy for little hands to hold, and this set has math-themed decorations that encourage STEM lessons.
If you don’t remember the craze from last year, you’ve been living under a rock. This year there are a few different items in the Hatchimals arsenal. The most popular seems to be the twin set, which is a hatching egg that comes with a surprise twin:
Hatchimal Surprise – Giraven – Hatching Egg with Surprise Twin (Amazon, $52.82)
My preference, however, is the 12 pack egg carton. These little guys are so cute, and the packaging is adorable too. Each little colleggtible is about 1-2 inches high and great for kids who love tiny things:
Hatchimals Colleggtibles 12 Pack Egg Carton (Amazon, $32.90)
3. Fingerlings (Amazon, $14.99)
I’m going to be honest here and say I don’t understand the craze. However, this is the IT toy this year. If it’s on your child’s Christmas list you better keep your eyes peeled starting now. Amazon has sold out within an hour almost every time they restock, and the Fingerlings section at all the local toy stores looks like a ghost town. These little monkey creatures apparently hang out on your finger and do cool tricks.
4. furReal Friends Roarin’ Tyler (Amazon, $94)
The price on this one is high, but kids in many different age groups are in love with this tiger. He roars back at you and has more than 100 sound and motion combinations.
5. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Amazon, $19.99)
My kids have all preferred this walker to anything else available. It is a consistent favorite among the toddling crew, as it is sturdy but easy to push, is very colorful, and has lots of fun buttons and sounds.
6. Skip Hop Baby Treetop Friends Activity Gym (Amazon, $74.99)
If you’re gift shopping for a baby this year, consider this activity gym. It is very versatile and can be used for a number of months, and it’s very easy to take apart to wash. Once my children outgrew it as an activity gym, we took off the accessories and used it as a mat. Put this on your list.
7. LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Amazon, $24.99)
LeapFrog really knows what it’s doing with its toys that simulate grown up electronics. This leaptop not only helps children learn the alphabet and how to spell their own name, it is also pure fun as your child practices cause and effect.
8. VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2 Blue (Amazon, $48.93)
With this watch your child can take selfies and videos, play games, use the pedometer and learn to tell time.
9. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter (Amazon, $24.96)
My personal favorite three wheel scooter runs a whopping $80, but it lasts for years and is quite easy to use. This Razor Jr. scooter is a great, more affordable option for your beginner scooter-rider. Because it has three wheels, it is easy for a beginner to learn how to scoot.
10. L.O.L. Surprise Glitter Series (Amazon, $10.99)
Any of the L.O.L. Surprise items could be on this list. The most popular this year are the Glitter Series and the Bath Fizz. You unwrap these balls to discover a surprise inside, from a doll to a temporary tattoo to a keychain. My favorite are the glitter ones because the dolls are so sparkly.
What’s on your child’s wish list this year?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program which allows us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.