Happy National Coffee Day! Coffee Recipes and Ninja Coffee Maker Review
It’s National Coffee Day! Some may laugh, but for those of us who use coffee as gas, today is to be celebrated. I’m celebrating today by unboxing and reviewing the Ninja Coffee Maker and sharing a few favorite coffee recipes.
First, let me say this. For year’s we used a Keurig. I loved our Keurig, but with as many people drinking coffee as we have in our house – it isn’t an affordable option. This past year, I bought a cheap, old-school coffee maker and dumped our Keurig. While I loved the idea of making a single cup of coffee whenever it just wasn’t practical for our family of 6 to purchase 2-3 boxes of K-cups each week.
Ninja Coffee Maker Review
Our friends at Shark sent over their new Ninja Coffee Maker for us to review. The main thing that I was so excited about when learning about this coffee maker, is that it allows us to do ONE CUP OF COFFEE at a time, and we don’t have to buy k-cups! Before getting my hopes up too high, I gave this device a thorough review – which you can see in the video.
Here are the highlights of things you should know about the Ninja Coffee Maker:
No K-Cups Needed
I love that the Ninja makes a single cup of coffee for either my mug or Yeti! The best part, I can just buy a regular bag of coffee, on K-cups needed!
The glass coffee carafe is awesome (as long as my kids don’t drop it!) It pours easy, it’s heavy and catches the coffee perfectly as it drips.
Perfect Size Water Container
Okay, this may sound silly but the container that holds the water is a perfect size! With a twist, you unsnap the water container to fill-up before making your coffee. It slides perfectly into our refrigerator for easy filling.
Pretty Coffee Maker
I know some people don’t care how pretty their coffee maker is, but others do. This is a pretty coffee maker. The lines are clean and this device isn’t an eyesore (like our last coffee maker) on the counter.
Multiple Ways to Make Coffee
You can make coffee a plethora of ways with a click of a button. If you want a carafe, full or half – just click a button. If you want to make coffee in your Yeti over ice, just click a button. The Ninja Coffee Maker is super simple to use with a plethora of coffee making options.
Things To Know
Ninja The Ninja Coffee Maker takes 8 minutes to brew a full carafe of coffee, 4 minutes for a half carafe and 1-2 minutes to fill a Yeti or a mug.
There is a feature that allows you to easily make your coffee over ice. The coffee maker knows how much water to add and gives you a great cup of coffee.
Do you like your coffee strong? No problem! With a click of a button, your coffee will be brewed strong.
Here is a quick overview of what this device offers:
- Choose a Size—Cup, Travel Mug, Half Carafe, or Full Carafe—and brew directly into your favorite cup or travel mug or use the carafe.
- Choose a Brew—Classic, Rich, Over Ice, and Specialty—to make a variety of hot, iced, and frozen blended coffeehouse-style drinks.
- Auto-iQ One-Touch Intelligence knows how to deliver the perfect amount of water at the right time for the size and brew type you select. No need to measure the water or refill the reservoir after every single serve brew.
- 43 oz. Glass Carafe and Intelligent Warming Plate keep your coffee at the ideal drinking temperature with 2-hour auto shutoff.
What I Didn’t Like
There are 2 downsides that I found with the device but are totally not deal breakers.
- I wish the carafe held more coffee. The good news is, it’s easy to make one-off cups of coffee so this isn’t a huge downfall.
- The coffee maker makes a lot of steam. You have to be careful to not burn your hand by touching the top of the coffee maker while it’s making coffee.
- Learn more on NinjaKitchen.com
- Purchase on Amazon
- Best Funny Coffee Mugs for Moms
Shark/Ninja sent us the Ninja Coffee Bar for review. All opinions are my own.
Digital Mom Blog